Kanarelis Takis, Antonopoulos George, Kanarelis Nikolaos
Title: In vitro study of resistance between 4 different cup materials
- This presentation-study forms a theoretical approach.
- Are we able, to provide proper functioning of an Orthodontic bracket?
Is it possible to predict some of the mechanical properties of the components of an orthodontic brackets, so we‘ll be able to evaluate the activate and desactivate force of a self-ligate mechanism?
1) We used the Dassault Systems SolidWorks Corporation software. Based on that, we made the mechanical design, the analysis and simulation of moves, errors and corrections thereof.
2) We designed a bracket i)lingual, ii)self-ligating, iii)passive and iv)convertible
Materials of the study:
- 2205- EN 1.4462
- AISI 316 Annealed Stainless Steel
- Polyetheretherketone (PEEK)
For the simulations we chose four materials with main properties their bio-compatibility and their high resistance to corrosion.
3) On this bracket, we applied simulation rules on its caps, between two of its materials and based on the motion study simulation we analyzed the Von mises stress rates for each case.
4) Our aim is to study the possibility to detect areas of operation failure.