- Graduated from the Dental
University of Athens
- Postgraduate studies in Orthodontics and Lingual Orthodontics in Paris (1988-1992 and 2000-2002).
- Private practice limited to Orthodontics in Greece and France.
- Dental laboratory exclusively in lingual orthodontics (G.L.O.S Greek Lingual Orthodontique Services 2000 since now)
- President Elect of the European Society of Lingual Orthodontics. (2014-2016)
- From 1994 until 2008 Professor of Orthodontics at the Technical University of Athens
- Instructor of the DUOL program at Paris V since 2003.
- Inventor of more
than 30 prototype lingual brackets.
- At the 6th congress of ESLO in Barcelona he obtains a special mention for his prototype method for the indirect bonding of lingual brackets.
- At the 8th
congress of ESLO in Cannes he obtains the 1rst price for his oral presentation.
- At the 11th ESLO congress in Como 2014, he obtains the Best Poster presentation award.
- President of the 13th
Pan-Hellenic Orthodontic Congress 2010 in Athens, Greece.
- Since 1994, oral presentations at congresses in Europe (France, Germany, England, Italy, Spain, Greece etc.) and worldwide (USA, Argentina, Australia, Japan, Morocco
- Keynote speaker at the 11th ESLO in Como in Italy (June 2014)
- Keynote speaker at the 5th Congress of WSLO (Seoul Korea July 2015)
Title: Evidence based in lingual orthodontics - Modern Clinical Aspects
Evidence Base in Lingual Orthodontics is a term that refers to information obtained from randomized controlled clinical trials, non-randomized controlled clinical trials, cohort studies, case-control studies, crossover studies, cross-sectional studies,
case studies or, in the absence of scientific evidence, opinions of the lingualistes experts in the appropriate fields of research or clinical practice.
will present the results of a systematic review on self-ligating vs. conventional brackets through an electronic search in 4 data bases from 1981 to 2015, with supplemental hand searching of the references of retrieved articles. Quality assessment of the included
articles was performed. Data were extracted by using custom forms, and weighted mean differences were calculated.
a) Despite claims about the advantages of self-ligating brackets, evidence is generally lacking.
b) Doing the right thing, to the right patient, in the right way, at the right time, at the right cost, in the right place.