Dr. Asif Chatoo
Asif qualified as a Dentist from King's College, London and gained his Master’s Degree in Orthodontics from GKT Dental Institute, London. He has a keen interest in the multidisciplinary treatment of adult patients.
Among UK-trained orthodontists, Asif is the only one to be accredited by both the European Society of Lingual Orthodontics and the World Society of Lingual Orthodontics.
He is a member of the following orthodontic societies:
- Founding member of the British Lingual Orthodontic Society
- Accredited member and Secretary of the European Society of Lingual Orthodontics
- Accredited member of the World Society of Lingual Orthodontics
- Fellow in Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the World Federation of Orthodontics
- British Orthodontic Society
- European Orthodontic Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Past President of London Dental Fellowship
- Member of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Title : Digital orthodontics - take it to the wire!
The evolution of digital technology has contributed significantly to modern lingual orthodontic therapy. It is currently used as an aid in diagnosis, treatment planning, and appliance design and wire fabrication.
The systems that are currently available provide a reliable and efficient form of treatment for our patient. However, there is an inevitable stage towards the end of treatment that will in many cases require wire bending. This may prolong the overall treatment time, as it is difficult to effectively provide bends in customised wires that will provide the desired three-dimensional tooth movement.
The use of digital technology with robotic wire bending facilitates more effective treatment finishing with greater control on tooth movement in all three dimensions.
This lecture aims to discuss the benefits of systems that concentrate on wire design and manufacture in delivering efficient and effective lingual orthodontic treatment.