- Practice limited to Orthodontics.
- DDS, University of Montevideo, Uruguay (1981).
- Author of the CSW, CLO and SARDAC technique.
- Lecturer at courses and conferences in Lecturer at courses and conferences in Germany, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium,
Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, South Korea, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Spain, USA, France, Guatemala, India, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Mexico, Monaco, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Great Britain, Dominican Republic, Romania, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- President of the SIAOL (Sociedad Iberoamericana de Ortodoncia Lingual) (2001-2013).
- Chairman of the 3rd International Congress
of the World Society of Lingual Orthodontics (WSLO) (2007-2009).
- 6th President of the ESLO (European Society of Lingual Orthodontics) (2002-2004).
- President of the Scientific Committee of COEC (Catalonian Dental Society) (2004- 2014)
- Member of the Directors Board of COEC (1999-2014)
- Vice President of the Scientific Committee of AIO (Iberoamerican Association of Orthodontists) (2004-2010).
- AIO Delegate at the WFO
(World Federation of Orthodontics) from (2004-2010).
- Member of the Editorial Committee of Orthodontics - The art and practice of dentofacial enhancement Journal (2010).
- Member of ESLO Board of Directors (European Society of Lingual orthodontics) from 2012.
- Member of Organizing Committee of
11th ESLO Congress (2014), Italy.
- President of the Scientific Committee of 11th ESLO Congress (2014), Italy.
of Tribuna Books Ripano Lingual Orthodontic Journal (from 2013).
- Saint Apolonia Medal, granted by COEC (2014)
member of the Sociedad Española de Ortodoncia (SEDO).
- Member of the World Federation of Orthodontics (WFO).
- International member of the American Association of Orthodontics (AAO).
- Member of the Asociación Iberoamericana de Ortodoncistas (AIO).
- Member of the European Orthodontic Society (EOS).
- Founding member of the Lingual Study Group in USA.
- Member of the Director Board of the American Lingual Orthodontics Association (ALOA).
- Diplomate Member of the European
Society of Lingual Orthodontics (ESLO).
- Member of the Société Française d'Orthodontie Linguale (SFOL).
- Member of the Associazione Italiana Ortodonzia Linguale (AIOL).
- Member of the Sociedad Española de Disfunción Craneomandibular (SEDC).
- Member of the Sociedad Española de Odontopediatría (SEOP).
- Member of the International Committee of
the JLOA (Japanese Lingual Orthodontics Association) meeting, Tokyo, Japan, 2005.
- Founding member of WSLO (World Society of Lingual Orthodontics).
- More than 160 articles published in orthodontic journals in Spain, USA, Germany, Canada, Lebanon, Mexico, Peru,
Portugal, Poland, France, Korea, Japan, Thailand, India, Chile, Ecuador, Venezuela, Uruguay and Argentina.
Title:As the patients are not always the
same, treatments should also be different
AIMS The purpose of this lecture is to evaluate the importance of different individual factors in the customization
of the brackets prescription and the archwire sequence.
: Pre and post treatment models are analyzed, as well as pre and post panoramic and lateral X
rays to evaluate the difference in torque and angulation of the teeth treated with lingual brackets.
Results and Conclusions:
We concluded that the following
factors are important: - initial torque and angulation of the teeth - planned labio-lingual movement - planned mesio-distal movement - bracket prescription (including the bracket prescription and bracket positioning) - the size of the finishing archwires (torquing
and tipping play) - wire shapes (flat or curved in the sagittal plane) - used mechanics (with or without microimplants, auxiliary appliances, etc.) In this lecture, there the guidelines are also proposed to take into account these factors in the treatment