Dr. Alain Souchet
Alain Souchet, Orthodontist in Mulhouse, France
Alain was awarded a post graduate certificate in Stomatology, with Professeur Michelet, in Bordeaux. He then went to Professeur Jean Delaire’s Unit in Nantes, and received a Diploma in Dento-Maxillo-Facial Orthopedics from the University. In the late 80s, Alain opened a practice in Bordeaux for orthodontic treatment of children and adults (lingual and invisible). In 2000 he left Bordeaux and took over the practice of a retiring colleague in Mulhouse.
Alain works with adult orthodontics, meaning pluridisciplinary treatments in collaboration with the patient’s general dentist, in order to find periodontal, dental, prosthetic, implantologic and surgical solutions.
- Doctor of Medicine : university Poitiers 06/1988
- Specialist of Stomatology: university Bordeaux
- DU ODMF University Nantes
- Private practice : Orthodontist
- Bordeaux France : From 1988 to 1999
- Mulhouse France : from 2000
Member: SFOL, SFODF, SSFODF, SMODMF, CMSCMFF, AAO
Fellow of WFO
Trophy Award 2011 EFQM level R4E (European Foundation for Quality Management)
Instructor D.U.O.L. then D.H.E.O. at Paris 5 Dental University (Lingual techniques)
- Invisalign user (since 2001)
- Dolphin Imaging (since 2004) and Dolphin 3D Surgery
- Intra Oral scanner ITERO IOC (since February 2011)
- Suresmile user (since December 2012)
- Passionate and avid user of any 3D technologies in orthodontics
- Dr Souchet does not have financial interests in any of the above mentioned companies
Title: 3D lingual and aligners therapy: what’s next ?
Invisalign IOSim and ClinCheckPro are two excellent tools for diagnostic, simulation and planning
thanks to the STL files obtained from the Intra-Oral Scanner iTero Element.
SureSmile Elemetrix combines intraoral scanner and CBCT STL files allowing to see roots in the bone.
Acceledent, Orthopulse, Propel and corticotomies help reduce considerably treatment time.
Dental-Monitoring combines intra-oral scanner STL files and photos taken with patients' smartphones to remotely monitor treatment progress.
CBCT + intra-oral scanner STL files enable better precision of roots movements in the bone. Right?
CBCT + STL files + Smartphone + Dental-Monitoring : is it the near future for better monitoring our treatments?