Alain Souchet, Orthodontist in Mulhouse, France
Alain was awarded a post graduate certificate in Stomatology, with
Professeur Michelet, in Bordeaux. He then went to Professeur Jean Delaire’s Unit in Nantes, and received a Diploma in Dento-Maxillo-Facial Orthopedics from the University. In the late 80s, Alain opened a practice in Bordeaux for orthodontic treatment
of children and adults (lingual and invisible). In 2000 he left Bordeaux and took over the practice of a retiring colleague in Mulhouse.
Alain works with adult
orthodontics, meaning pluridisciplinary treatments in collaboration with the patient’s general dentist, in order to find periodontal, dental, prosthetic, implantologic and surgical solutions.
- Doctor of Medicine : university Poitiers 06/1988
- Specialist of Stomatology: university Bordeaux
- DU ODMF University Nantes
- Private practice :
- Bordeaux France : From 1988 to 1999
- Mulhouse France : from 2000
Member: SFOL, SFODF, SSFODF, SMODMF, CMSCMFF, AAO
Fellow of WFO
Trophy Award 2011 EFQM level R4E (European Foundation for Quality Management)
Instructor D.U.O.L. then D.H.E.O. at Paris 5 Dental University (Lingual techniques)
- Invisalign user (since 2001)
- Dolphin Imaging (since 2004) and Dolphin 3D Surgery
- Intra Oral scanner
ITERO IOC (since February 2011)
- Suresmile user (since December 2012)
- Passionate and avid user of any 3D technologies in orthodontics
- Dr Souchet does not have financial interests in any of the above mentioned companies
Title: 3D lingual and aligners therapy: what’s next ?
Invisalign IOSim and ClinCheckPro are two excellent tools for diagnostic, simulation and planning
thanks to the STL files obtained from the Intra-Oral Scanner iTero Element.
SureSmile Elemetrix combines intraoral scanner and CBCT STL files allowing to see roots in the bone.
Acceledent, Orthopulse, Propel and corticotomies help reduce considerably
Dental-Monitoring combines intra-oral scanner STL files and photos taken with patients' smartphones to remotely monitor treatment progress.
CBCT + intra-oral scanner STL files enable better precision of roots
movements in the bone. Right?
CBCT + STL files + Smartphone + Dental-Monitoring : is it the near future for better monitoring our treatments?